Meningitis ACWY Vaccine Information
Vaccine Quick Information
- When to get vaccinated:
- At least two weeks prior to travelling.
- The vaccine will last usually 5 years, however for certificate purposes, a booster dose can be given after 3 years.
- One dose.
- How is it given:
- The vaccine is usually given in your upper arm.
- Side effects:
- Common side effects include soreness at the injection site, swelling, redness and tiredness. Some people may experience flu like symptoms and fever.
- The vaccine is suitable from birth.
- Certificate requirements
- Some countries may require you to provide evidence of vaccination prior to entry. Your certificate becomes valid 10 days after you have had the jab.
- Risk if you contract Meningitis ACWY:
- Meningitis ACWY can cause inflammation of the tissue around the spinal cord and brain, resulting in brain damage and death.
The vaccine can be given from birth.
- £40 per dose
- 1 dose(s)
- Total Cost
Related vaccinations to Meningitis ACWY