Hepatitis A Vaccine Information
Vaccine Quick Information
- When to get vaccinated:
- At least two weeks prior to travelling, however if you do not have this much time, it is possible to still get vaccinated.
- The vaccine will protect you for 1 year, however if a second dose is given 6-12 months of the first dose, it will provide protection for 20 years.
- One dose.
- How is it given:
- The vaccine is given as an injection in the upper arm.
- Side effects:
- Common side effects include soreness at the injection site, fever, tiredness and soreness.
- The vaccine is suitable for children over age of 16. Paediatric Hepatitis A vaccine is available for childen over the age of 1
- Risk if you contract hepatitis A:
- Hepatitis A can cause mild to severe symptoms such as digestive problems. However can lead to liver failure.
One dose is required prior to travelling.
- £60 per dose
- 2 dose(s)
- Total Cost
Related vaccinations to Hepatitis A